Here are some charts that I made that have been useful for my Mythras (former editions known as RQ6) campaign. All the relevant ones have been updated for Mythras 3rd printing (2018 Nov). The screen shots are still of the old versions.
List of charts
- Combat Flow
- Offensive Special Effects (landscape and portrait)
- Defensive Special Effects (landscape and portrait)
- Healing and Wounds
- Diminish Effect on your opponent
- Gloranthan Weapons
- Eastern Weapons
- Shields and Passive Blocking
- Criticals and Difficulty Grade shortcut table
- Close Combat Situational Effects
- Ranged Combat Situational Modifiers
- Movement and Swimming Effects
- Gloranthan Ships for RQ6
- Encumbrance calculator and Character Equipment list
- Sorcery Tool
- Magic Situational Modifiers
- Spirit Combat tables
- Horoscope Personality Traits for Gloranthan Cults
- Rune List
- Difficulty Grade Progression mini-chart
- Fatigue progression mini-chart
- Combat Style Traits
- Shorter Weapons Reach effects to combat by weapon
- Longer Weapon Reach effects to combat by weapon
- Parry and passive blocking to stop Damage by weapon and shield also known as Shields are awesome
- Combat Style Cards (updated Dec 2020, 170+ combat styles)
- Tactics of choosing special effects – result based visualisation
- Tactics of choosing special effects – next generation – one pager version
- Mythras Visual Combat Modifier charts
- Mythras Skill Roll Evaluator
- Interactive combat flow summary
- Exposure Modifiers for Camping in the Wilderness
- Monster Island Hex Crawl and Jungle (and other difficult terrain) travel effects
- Mythras Magic Modifiers Visualised
- Other useful stuff
- Mythras Encounter Generator (MeG) Almost 3400 NPC/Monster templates to generate encounters
- Mythras and Gloranthan generators for GM
- Mythras Encounter Generator JSON finder tool (for Roll20)
Added a small chart for combat flow and pointers to relevant rules sections based on great discussion in the design mechanism forums in here
The Combat Special Effects for Offensive combines all the special effects for the offensive one quick reference to see what you can do when hitting something. Here is the latest one updated with Mythras in portrait mode
Spirit combat charts (Spirit damage, special effects and spirit combat results) have been gathered into a chart
Healing and Wounds
Healing and Wounds in Mythras covers what happens to you when you get a wound and how to recover.
Diminish Effect On Characteristics has the goods on what can that pesky diminish spell do to you or your opponent.
Brief chart for shields, passive blocking from RQ6, AiG, Mythic Britain and Monster Island
Here we have a quick reference chart for Criticals and Difficulty Grade effect on skill. If you like maths – you do not need the chart, the calculations are simple but I find doing them in the heat of the game distracting.
Example how to set these up for use is here
In Mythras the success of your attempt can be modified by the situation. This can be adjudicated by GM fiat but if you some guidance here are all of the recorded modifiers in tables both for close combat and ranged combat. Some people do not use fatigue or encumbrance rules or even the weapon differences – that is ok but in my view these provide additional flavor to the game. In my quest towards perfect GM Screen for Mythras I gathered all the close combat situational modifiers into one table.
It now contains the usual ones (fighting in pitch black darkness, partial darkness, blinded, while prone and so on). In addition it has the shorter reach for those of you playing with Reach rules. I added also the fatigue effect on close combat skills and limitations brought by swimming, climbing or riding while fighting. In case your players are doing a fighting retreat with the loot it contains the encumbrance modifiers as well. If for some reason the players (or even the NPC’s) need to grab a different, perhaps unfamiliar weapon to use – the table contains the modifier rules for those as well.
There is similar also for the Ranged Combat Situational Modifiers
and of course for Magic as well – Magic Situational Modifiers
For the future chase sequences in my campaign decided to combine all the movement effects into tables that fit into a single page. I find it easier to look info from table instead of calculating it with the rules.
It contains now a table for movement rates between 1 and 14, effect of athletics on the speed when walking, running or sprinting. It also has a table for the common modifiers for movement like encumbrance, armor and fatigue. It has also the effects on ranged combat.
Movement charts are here as PDF.
Gloranthan Ships are here as PDF
Encumbrance Calculator is here
Sorcery Tool is here
Difficulty grade progression
Combat Style Cards are here