There have been cases where the enemies have looked like stereotypic characters from a hack thriller – menacing, dark hair or bald, with a shade of beard, muscular. RQ Encounter tool has now new features you can add to bring a bit of variety to the looks of your shopkeepers, bosses and barkeeps.
There are now the following features that you can add:
- Appearance (Arms, Back, Beard, Cheeks,Chest, Chin, Ears, Fingernails, Hair Color, Hair Condition, Hair Style – Men, Hair Style – Women, Hands, Legs, Lips, Mouth, Neck, Nose, Physique, Shoulders, Skin, Skin Texture, Stomach, Teeth)
- Physical Expressions (Visual, Voice)
- Motivation, Malformity, Personal Secret, Compulsion, Character Oddity, Character Looks, Character Complication, Character, Attitude, Social
- Fonritan Appearance
- Fonritan hair color
- Lunar appearance – skin, eyes, hair
If you like to rapidly create just the looks – take a look at this and generate the looks and discard the rest of the stats
Here is a test character that has almost all of the above features
These feature tables work best if you pick for example hair color and maybe one or two other attributes as 100% random feature and pick a few/all of the rest with a very small percentage thereby creating short descriptions that can vary quite a lot.
Here is a general barkeep following that guidance.
If you want to have features for Fonritan – use Fonritan hair color but not the general one.
Here is a Devotee of Calari the Hunter
- Appearance and Physical Expressions tables based on work developed by Darren Andrews. Used with permission.
- Character, character complication, character looks, character oddity, motivation and social feature tables were started from The Covetous Poet’s Adventure Creator and Solo GM Guidebook and are used with permission of Frank Lee