What are the things available in the market – local produce of course, groceries, poultry, meat of local kinds. Guide to Glorantha gives background to import and export of the goods. This can give some flavor to your market. I took the data from Guide to Glorantha and used it to create local market availability of goods. The system is as follows:
- anything the area is known to export is available locally in the market as well
- anything the area is known to import is available from all the markets that export it
- artifacts, silk and iron are rare in all the markets.
- article is common if it is available from nearby region
- article is rare if it comes from non nearby region OR has to cross ocean
- rarity could be used as price modifier (for example 30-50-100% more price) as it is exotic and might be considered be of better quality to be worth to transport from far reaches of lozenge
- rare goods (and even some of the common ones) might not be available and might be also subject to seasonal fluctuation (for example riding beasts, herbs and spices)
Created first markets for Umathela, Fonrit, Nochet, Dragon Pass and Pavis. Others will follow if there seems to be demand.
Here are some markets created with RQ Encounter Generator that contain above items as trade goods.
In the future more exploration about what you might see in the trading routes as some goods need to pass areas which have no demand for them.
Other useful links might be
One thought on “Trade and Markets in Glorantha”