Back in the very early days there was a wonderful scenario for Runequest called Snakepipe Hollow and then RQ Adventures did a return to the Snakepipe Hollow 20 years ago. For Runequest 6 one would surely need worthy opponents in Snakepipe Hollow. For nostalgia’s (and education’s sake) added the missing enemies. Many of the ones were already existing and created just a tag for them. Here are few – updated for RQ6 – some of them are somewhat deadlier than in the original.
Both Hands of Chaos are it again.
- Clawed Hand (they are almost always encountered singly) and the Left Clawed Hand of Chaos is more often on the move
- There is now a Malia Service with Broos and lots of Sickness Spirits. This caused a tuning of the sickness spirits (intensities 1-6) so that they contain now all the information of the sickness spread with the spirit.
- Chaos Snakes also have a party now and they have been updated.
- Gorps, there are lots of Gorps and also Manlings, where those two exist – Pocharngo is not far behind so updated the Slithering Pocharngo party
- Colossal Breeder Gorp
- Micro Gorp
- Exploder Gorp
- Regenerating Gorp
- Paralyzing Gorp
- Glue Gorp and of course
- Diseased Gorp
- Giant, 12 meter in Snakepipe Hollow
There are a few obscure ones that have not been seen in publications since Snakepipe Follow like
Some existing parties have been updated and placed into Snakepipe Hollow. Use a filter with name “Nest of Chaos” in Party Encounters and press the “Do you Feel Lucky” button – you’ll see a party appropriate for the Heart of Chaos in Snakepipe Hollow. It will include among other parties
- Broo Raiders and Broos on the Road for Ragnaglar and Thed.
- Dark Troll Hunting Party and a war party
- Dragonewt Ambassador, Expedition, Revenge Mission and Dragonewts on Warpath
- Ogre Trading Caravan and an Ogre Hunting Party
- Some desperate Sartarites with Sartar Earthshakers
- Scorpionmen Raiding parties
- Unruly Giants
- Thanatari Headhunting Mission from nearby Engoli tribe
- Tusk Rider party and Urain Foul Wind Party